Day Two-Bread Outlets and Forbidden Fruit!

Friday, August 24, 2012



 I went to the Hostess Bakery Outlet store today and bought 6 bags of groceries for only $56!  I paid about 50% off retail price.  Next week, I am trying the Mrs. Baird's Outlet down the street.  It saved me time too because it is one less thing I need to buy on my supermarket trips.  Every Thursday, I have to drive to Broken Arrow for Willow's therapy and I drive right past it.  I can save money by shopping during the couple of hours she is in therapy.  I am freezing some of it so I can keep items on hand and resist the temptation to impulse buy or eat out.  I will tell you the store was full of sugary items like pastries and cookies that I purposely avoided.  
 Another thing I did today was eat at Schlotsky's free.  My former-self drove by Schlotsky's almost every Thursday.  Oh, the shame!  The positive side was they punched a card every time I wasted my money there.  So on the second day of my fast food moratorium I turned in my punch card and ate out...for free.  That forbidden fruit has never tasted so good!

My 30 day stewardship to do list:
Hit the farmers market
Join a food Co-op (more on this later)
Aldi
Sams Club for bulk items like toilet paper, paper towels, flour, sugar
Walgreen's and CVS for deals on toiletries
Check out the grocery stores for meat items on sale.
Organize the pantry so nothing goes to waste! (Michael's having sales on baskets!)
Create a menu plan
Create a workable family budget
Create a home maintenance routine
Create a chore chart and allowance system
Make the Clutter Jail Box with the kids

0 comments: