Day One-Routine Maintenance

Friday, August 24, 2012

The first day of my spending fast and new budget was an amazing success.  All I did was take the time to sit down and go over our insurance expenses for our Flexible Spending Account reimbursements.  It was something I have been putting off because I knew it was going to take some time to sort through everything.  We have several members of our family that have chronic medical problems.  Managing our medical is almost a full time job.  Bottom line was $1000 was owed to me and all I needed to do was turned in my form.  I found another $800 that the insurance had been filed wrong and I didn't even owe that money!  so I saved our family $1800 dollars.  I would say that is a productive day and well worth my time.  You should look at every explanation of benefit that comes to your house and compare them to your bill.  Don't assume that the insurance companies know what they are doing.  It could save you thousands of dollars!

0 comments: